Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Sunday, April 11, 2010

My laundry Basket

My mom loves laundry. I don't know if it is the process or the smell of clean clothes but she never complained about it. She even offers to help with it when I come home to visit.
I have never liked it. It just feels like it is never-ending.
I am not sure why, but today when I looked at the huge pile I did not see it with my normal loathing
I saw it in a new light.
My attention was drawn to BK's t-shirt and basketball shorts. I remembered when BK and I were first married and how I loved having boy clothes mixed in with my girl clothes. I remembered how it reminded me we were a pair, we do everything together even our clothes hang out in the laundry basket together.
Then, my eyes wondered to baby socks, Lightning Mcqueen unders, and footie pajamas. Wet sheets from when Quint had an accident this week.

All the sudden it hit me. I think i know why my mom loves laundry. It is a history of our week. It shows who is a part of our team. When I look at all these dirty clothes I see a history.
I see the big man and little men in my life.
I am reminded of my life as a mom, a wife, and all that encompasses.
I see the life stages we are in,
BK's school clothes (but not dress up clothes yet!)
I see my mommy sundresses, sweats, and jeans. I am in love with my full-time mommy dress code.
I see stinky unders from little potty training accidents, t-shirts with spaghetti on them, and baby socks.

Now I think I know why my mom loves laundry. She loves being a mom, she was really good at it, and I could see how laundry reminds her of all the good, and crazy in her week.

Don't worry mom, when we come to visit this summer we will bring a lot of laundry!

1 comment:

Derricca said...

I couldn't agree with this more. :) Laundry has been a chore for me lately, but I love your perspective! Thanks!