Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Thursday, April 1, 2010

It literally hit me in the face

The boys were a little sicky today. We didn't stray very far from home so when BK got home early we were all a bit edgy. BK offered to do bedtime so I could go for a jog. What a fabulous hubby. It sounded amazing. It was sunset, with a warm breeze, and for a moment I dreamed about jogging away to my ipod. But, I couldn't do it. I could not desert BK during bedtime. Russell was actually sleeping and Quint was getting ready but something in me said don't go. Not even 5 minutes later Russell woke up crying. I went in to get him and as I stepped out of the bedroom it happened.
He threw up all over me.
It literally hit me in the face, I couldn't open one of my eyes. I stood there shell shocked till the second round when I realized I should probably get off the carpet. If Gary (our landlord) asks when we move what is that stain on the carpet I will proudly state it is my youngest child's throw up:) BK was a saint and got most of it out while I tried to hose Russell and myself off in the bath.

GO TEAM:)

Having throw up dripping down your shirt is extremely gross, but one of the things I like about life is that it is messy, and I feel it is rising through those challenges that define us. I hope I easily rise above an little throw up and cranky, sick babies; because on this journey of parenting I am sure this is just the beginning of the challenge.

I hope BK and I can always rise to whatever is "thrown" at us on this journey, even if it does literally hit us in the face:)

1 comment:

Derricca said...

ahhh, the lessons learned through parenting. :)

If that happened to me, I probably would have thrown up right there mysel!