Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Some days, survival is enough

I woke up this morning feeling yucky. No energy, head cold symptoms, drippy nose. I just wanted to crawl back in bed. I think both the boys were not feeling themselves either. We aborted our plans to go to the park, and just hung around the house in the morning. I always feel terribly guilty staying inside when the weather is nice, but I didn't think we had it in us to enjoy it. Or maybe I just wimped out. I tried to make it a good indoor morning.

I was thinking....positive self talk....you can do it.
You can be a good momma till nap time!

I pushed on, played blocks, train, and made lunch. The boys napped long and I was so grateful to get my own nap. I knew I was on my own till after bedtime (BK working late) so I prepared. I was not feeling up to it, but we pushed on for a walk, and played by the marching band. We ate dinner, built a boat and playground out of blocks, bath, grams, video, and bed.

WOW. I SURVIVED.

I think despite my yucky feeling body, I mustered out an ok day as a momma.

Hopefully tomorrow we will be all better.

But, for tonight....victory!


1 comment:

Derricca said...

Awww, your such a good mommy. I usually declare a lazy day when I am sick! I'm a wimp though.