Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Monday, September 6, 2010

Bk or grill utensils?

Its Labor Day, and we have been fighting sickness in our house. We were stir crazy, and BK went out for a few hours to meet with a good friend. I know he needs some man time. But, I am not a great sharer, and even after an hour I was missing him. He rode his bike, so I knew he would return by the porch door. As I was trying to get some stuff done around the house every few minutes out of the corner of my eye something would catch my attention. I would immediately get my hopes up that he was back already. Turns out it was the grill utensils clanging together in the breeze. I know it is ridiculous, and every time it would catch my eye and I would look to see if he was home, I would have negative self talk. I know it is not a great trait, but I was being a bit silly.

IN my BRAIN

"Christy, don't be ridiculous, BK needs to bond with other people besides you"
"He basically just left, of course he isn't home yet"

"Stop being so pregnant and moody"

A little while longer he was home.
I admitted that I missed him and nearly cried.
Sometimes I am too needy even for me.

No comments: