Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Thursday, October 6, 2011

The last time

Today I nursed Rhett for the last time.  I was sad, and I can't explain it.  I am ready to have my body back, but he is my baby and I am having a hard time letting go of it.  Quint  and Russell weaned themselves by this age, but I think Rhett would nurse forever.  I have to take medicine and I don't want to pump through it again, so I have decided it was time.  I did try to take it in, freeze the memory.  Snuggling, the closeness, sharing in the miracle of my body feeding him for the last time.   I don't know how many more babies I can carry, and raise well. 

I guess I always thought there would be more,
but I am feeling fully blessed, 
very challenged, 
so as we pause to determine what God intends with our family planning, 
I take in my mother moments.   

I enjoy Quint as I look at him and begin to see a boy,  stand in awe as I see Russell grow into a preschooler, and I let go of my baby so he may grow into a toddler. 

They say it goes fast....they didn't lie.

1 comment:

Derricca said...

This about made me cry....I loved nursing both of my babies. This was hard for me too. *hugs*