Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Quint teaches me about swimming

Our one major activity besides school is swimming.  I am eager for the boys to swim, and to love it.  I know the lader may not occur, but learning to swim is a safety issue...and I can hope...right?
    Admittedly, I love the smell of chlorine so I don't mind going.  

I have been a bit discouraged, because it didn't seem like there was much progress this fall.  
But tonight, Quint swam!   
I mean it was doggy paddle, but he did not sink!   I was over the moon.  I tried not to make too big a deal because Russell is not there yet, but I did praise Quint for his hard work.  

I said "Quint I saw you were swimming today!"  
He responded "yes!"
I said "you did such a great job with your swimming arms"
He said very confidently, 
"mom, you know that is called the front crawl."
I smiled to myself and thought "you don't even know"
but I responded...."oh interesting....your front crawl was so great"
{Grin}



No comments: