Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Mom and Dad or members of a covert ops team?

The boys are having a hard time getting to sleep. Life at Grammy and Papa's is just too exciting:) That being said, they still need to go to sleep! Tonight, I was laying with Quint and Russell was began crying in his crib. BK came up to help, and he took over with Quint. I headed over to see how Russell was doing, and just as I turned the corner I saw Russell lay down and was quiet. I immediately hit the deck, worried if he saw me he would start wailing again. As I laid on the carpet next to Russell's crib:
I wondered...
Am i the only parent who throws themselves on the floor to avoid waking a baby?
I examined...
the comfort of the carpet...a little prickly but overall very comfy for laying on
I listened...
to Russell wiggle around to get settled in bed
I prayed...
thank you God for such fabulous babies, for a warm home to visit for Christmas, for a hands on hubby who jumps in to help in these situations...
JUST THEN...BK walked around the corner....
I signaled "GET DOWN!"
He fell to the floor too, and army crawled over to me. We laid there together listening to the boys breathing, giggling about our situation. We evaluated their sleep status, and when the time was right, we army crawled out with success. Although, BK tells me my army crawl form is poor and my booty would get shot in a real war. HAHA. Good thing it works for crawling out of babies rooms...because bedtime is the only battle I see in my near future:)