Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Gift

In June, BK and I celebrated 5 years. He was in Texas for National Guard training. We didn't really celebrate. It was my dream to get-away for a day or two but it seemed impossible. We have two babies. We live in Iowa hundreds of miles from family who could help out. That is a bit of background on why it was such an amazing gift.
The Gift:
Two days staying in Rebecca's apartment in Manhattan. While Grammy, Papa, Aunt Rebecca, and Uncle Dave were our awesome baby watchers at Grammy and Papa's house.
We slept in, road the subway, sat in the coffee shop for hours, walked around the magnificant city, drank martinis, looked at the lights, and were blissful.
At one point we were walking around enjoying eachother I looked over at BK and just thought "my hubby is so dreamy."
I am so grateful that I met him and convinced him to marry me:)
Looking back we were young. Looking back we were very niave. Looking back it took a lot of growing pains to get to this point. Looking back I would not change our path. Looking back I would still run to the alter (probably faster).
Thank you Grammy, Papa, Aunt Rebecca, and Uncle Dave for your tremendous gift. Extra special shout out to Rebecca for loaning us her fabulous apartment in her magnificant city.

No comments: