Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Its a judgement call

Somedays its a judgement call.  Rhett has a hacking cough, and I was somewhere between keeping our committments or going to the doctor.  I decided on heading home to give him a good nap, and see how he goes.  Rhett is amazing, but sometimes I feel bad about how much he cruises around in his car seat or on my hip to get his brothers to school or activities.  Everyone tells me that is the life of #3 and it is why they tend to be easy-going about life, but I still want to cater to my baby.  I am re-evaluating my commitments, to see if we are doing too much, or if I need to have a different plan to make life a bit smoother.  I know these years are short, and I will miss them, and I don't want to feel I rushed around them.
It is always a judgement call, the sickness, the schedule, the commitements.  But, maybe it is impending winter, but I am leaning toward being home more, playing on the floor more, letting my #3 nap in his crib more.  Because soon these years will be gone.

As I write this Rhett lets out a barky cough from his crib while he naps, and as I hear that cough I feel peace about missing my meeting.  There will be another BSF class.  They will study this chapter again (in 7 years) and maybe then all my kids will be healthy and in school:)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Christy I love being able to sit down at night and read about your "moments"! Today was a difficult day ... funeral for a 17 year old :-( I feel blessed to watch you
being a wonderful Mom!! Catch my Hug Honey :-)