Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Thursday, November 10, 2011

With a cheerful heart

I am always observing Moms, especially in challenging situations.  I want to learn, for both good and poor examples to try to be better.  Anyways, today I watched a Mom tell her 4 year old boy it was time to leave and he was having a lot of fun.  He began to pout about leaving.  He didn't rage or throw a fit, but he was definitely not excited and not rushing to put on his shoes.
She said, "lets go, time to put on your shoes"
He pouted.
She waited a bit, and then said "lets go with a cheerful heart or we won't be able to come back for a while".
He changed his attitude and left with a positive vibe.

I try to enforce obedience, but I never require a cheerful attitude.....
hummmm....
but it would be nice:)

I am investigating a cheerful spirit......
see what I find out, and if it changes my view on Motherhood.

No comments: