Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quint shows compassion

Rhett has a terrible cough.  BK was gone last night and I spent part of the night worrying I may have to load all three boys in the car for a trip to the ER for croup.  Thank God, it didn't get that bad.  Just to be safe I thought I should take him in today.  I couldn't get him in while the boys were at school, so after we picked up Q we had to head over to peds.  Quint and Russell were troopers, because they usually exhausted after school.  I wasn't sure how it would go, with the tired crew, but it was fairly smooth.
What surprised me was while Rhett was getting checked by the doctor, Quint knelt next to me where I was holding Rhett, and held his hand.  He comforted Rhett, and told him "don't worry Rhett, it won't hurt" "the doctor will fix you".  

Quint has started to show a caring, and deep compassion for people.  It is intermittent, I can not predict it, and he could be acting crazy just a few moments later...but I think it may be one of his natural gifts, which I never would have guessed.

  It is crazy how much they can amaze you if you just take the time to observe them growing.

No comments: