Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Friday, January 1, 2010

Wow, I really do love my job.

Bk and I were on a fabulous two-day baby free vacation. It was awesome, just worrying about us, doing what we want to do all the time, no schedules, no naps, no worries.
That being said multiple times on our trip I thought I wish Quint and Russell were here. Not because I was not having a fabulous time with BK. We were having a fabulous time, and we did not miss changing diapers, dealing with fussy babies or bedtime, but we miss them. Honestly, I was a little surprised. I don't say that to be harsh, but as I reflected, I realized, what I missed were the fun moments. Overall, I love being a mom. I love pointing out the trains and tractors as I drive. I love explaining (on toddler level) how things work.
I knew Quint and Russell would love the subway, and the big buildings. I knew they would love the giant Toys R Us in Times Square.
Does that mean I envied the parents dragging their strollers on the subway? Or the parents trying not to lose their kids in Times Square? No......well maybe just for an instant:)
Is that bizarre?
Just so you know, BK felt the same way:)

No comments: