Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Thursday, January 28, 2010

I should have worn socks

Today I got in the car and the gas light was on. Super. Everyone has had this moment...can I make it or should I stop? I have and the experience of running out of gas and it is not pleasant so I decided it was best not to put it off.
We pulled into the gas station and I began to pump the gas. As I was standing there I realized it was freezing out. The wind was blowing right through me, and in my rush I was not wearing a hat or gloves. I started bouncing to get my blood moving, and I looked down and realized, I probably should have worn socks.
I don't like socks. I my perfect world I would only wear them for the occasional run, but besides that I would wear flip flops and cute flats. Despite it being the dead of winter, I was wearing cute flats which I have decided was a poor choice today.
Someday I may be blessed enough to live where no socks are appropriate year round, but I need to face it, it is not now. Tomorrow I vow to live in the reality that it is below freezing outside, and I will wear socks.

1 comment:

Derricca said...

eh, socks are overated. I almost wore some flats the other day without some, just because I think you always look so darn cute in them, and I wanted to copy! ;)