Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Friday, January 15, 2010

The Lollipop Man

Is that a song? Well, at our gym there is an awesome guy who works the front desk most mornings. He is a tall, African-American man and he is so smiley. You can tell he enjoys his work and always gives a warm greeting. He also is the lollipop man. He keeps a secret stash of those little lollipops for the kids as they are leaving. Quint recently became aware of this, and now every time we go he asks if the lollipop man will be there.
There is some history, so today he normally works. I guess he was off so Quint was very disappointed. I told him maybe next time, but felt a little bad because I did hype it a bit thinking he would be there. We stopped at the laundry to get BK's dress shirt (he literally has one) and as I was paying for it, I saw a lollipop dispenser!
Just an aside, why do dry cleaners tend to have candy dispensers? I feel like it is common, but also weird.
I found a quarter and bought one. I also found a free soft candy for Russell so he would not be left out. I pranced out to the car so excited to show Quint. He was jazzed. Plus, it was a tootsie pop and he had never had one of those before. He was so joyful.
The funny part was, when he got to the tootsie he didn't want it.
WHAT?? That is the best part. He is so BK.

No comments: