Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Advocate

Recently Quint's language has exploded. I might even say he is becoming fluent in English. What I love is that he has begun to use his words for Russell. Occasionally he uses his words to keep Russell away, but I have noticed he uses them more often to advocate for Russell.
If I give Quint a cracker he states "Russell wants one mommy"
When we drove by the train he said "look Russell!"
Climbing on the loft bed "Russell up too, mommy"
If Russell is sleeping "mommy wake up Russell" (he wants his playmate:)

Don't get me wrong, he also uses his words to say "stop Russell" or "mommy Russell away!" And, there are the multiple times daily that he tackles him.

But, it is amazing how at 2 1/2 Quint has become an advocate for Russell. I hope it is a glimpse of how he will be as a big brother, someone that will occasionally beat on him, but in the big things,he will stand up for him.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love this post!! It is so special when siblings are advocates for each other. Today I forgot to buckle a strap on Williams stroller and a few seconds later Ella went over and buckled it without being asked!!! I love it.

Erin