Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Thursday, August 20, 2009

Russell wake up!

Russell almost always falls asleep on the way home from church. Maybe its the busy morning of playing or the windy country road we drive home on, but whatever it is, it makes him very sleepy. Today Quint noticed that Russell was asleep and he began yelling "Russell wake up!" We quickly tried to explain to Quint "Russell is sleeping, its his nap time, let him be." But, Quint was adamant. He said "I want to play with Russell." Just then we pulled into the garage and parked the car. Russell usually falls asleep in the car, but he almost always wakes up before we can get him to the crib. Today was the same, he woke up when we turned off the car, and Quint was jazzed. He said "look Russell awake!" I am so glad Quint liked having his brother around.

I recently ran into a woman who has two boys ages 9 and 10. I inquired "do they like each other?" Her response stuck with me: "Its family, there is no room not to like each other." She said it with such conviction. Obviously in her opinion, if you are family you must like each other. I like this concept. Who cares about personality differences, we are family....period.

I think I am going to adopt this theory.


No comments: