Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Friday, August 21, 2009

Living in a constant state of contentment

BK goes back to school on Monday. We are soaking up our last few days, and today we just hung around the apartment and played together. I love our little place, it has character, it is fun, but our living arrangement is ....should we say "unique"? Sometimes I am a bit self conscious about it.
But, today in our "little place" we had BIG FUN.
I realized, kids don't count square footage, they don't care about granite counter tops, or fancy furniture. They just want a place to have Big Fun.
BK the boys and I had so much big fun in our little place it just reminded me. You are so silly, life is awesome, and we can have big fun here so that is all that matters to Quint and Russell. Therefore it is all that should matter to us. Humm.

It got me thinking, today I was in love with my life, with my family, with our little place, with our family sleeping room. I was happy, I was content. Then I thought, it felt good. To just be happy and content.
My wheels were rolling:
In my opinion, society tells us we need bigger, fancier, gagetier, and I succumb to this thinking quite often. I am currently lusting after a Schwinn Joyrider bike trailer, some super yoga pants that make your butt look perfect (KKHall told me about them) and an ipod touch. But, I must constantly remind myself it doesn't matter. Next week there will be a new ipod, a better bike trailer, and the pants will be out of style, or too small for me:) If we can just find contentment in our life, right now, we will enjoy life so much more. Living in a constant state of contentment is one of my focuses for this year.

When I sit down and actually think about it, I am very content, well, until the ipod commercial comes on.

No comments: