Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Saturday, August 1, 2009

An oasis of happiness.

Today we went for a walk to the park by our new apartment. It was the first time we had been to the park since they opened the seasonal outdoor pool. We were just heading to the playground because I am not ready to conquer the pool alone with the two boys. As we approached I realized it was hot, and the pool looked like an oasis of happiness. It was clean, blue, and sparkling. I longed to jump in, swim around, in an ideal world (play water polo). I had flashback to my years in SJSU spending every afternoon around such an oasis. Although this was a nice moment, my moment I want to share came when I saw how Quint was drawn to the pool too.
He did not even want to play on the playground, but just stood by the fence watching the kids jump off the diving board, swim around with their goggles, splash in the baby pool.
I wondered if his feelings were the same as mine, I wonder if he was thinking "wow, that looks like an oasis of happiness, its clean, blue and sparkling. I long to jump in".

Maybe this is what he was thinking....
Maybe, Quint will grow to love the water like his momma.
Maybe in the future I will get to spend hours around the oasis of an outdoor pool again, but this time as a spectator.
Maybe he just loved watching the activity.
Maybe I am destined for hours by a baseball diamond, or clarinet lessons, but I can keep my fingers crossed....right?

No comments: