Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Saturday, August 22, 2009

Beautiful Iowa?

I have to admit I am known to complain about Iowa...occasionally. To all the Iowans whom I love and may read this blog, it is nothing against you. Its winter, snowing on my birthday (in APRIL), tornadoes, humid summer, bad drivers, and the hills in our town that are not good for beach cruisers.
But, that being said there is a lot I have come to love about Iowa.
The people are amazing. The cost of living is rational. Having many children is normal. Full time mom's are common. The shopping is terrible, which is great for my budget. Exercise is valued. We never, ever think about traffic. UI is perfect for BK. It is not immune from life's problems but for some reason life just seems simpler.

Tonight, I was driving to the gym, it was about 8 pm and our gym is out by the farm fields. Which is only a few miles from our house:) The sun was setting, and the corn is as tall as me. I looked out over the field and the sun was shining through the corn and it was gorgeous.
I thought to myself it is beautiful here.
I parked at the gym and looked across the road at the corn field. Iowa has its moments, and for a moment I thought, I can see the appeal, I can see why people love Iowa.

No comments: