Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Sunday, August 23, 2009

Will I always point out cool vehicles to my car passangers?

We were driving in the car and he said "look mommy, cement truck!" I sped up so we could drive next to it. Quint was so excited:) I love it when he is so joyful.

It reminds me to be joyful of the simple things in life.

This experience is very common in our travels these days. For the past few months our lives have revolved around things with motors. Cars, motorcycles, boats, fire trucks, dump trucks, tractors, bucket loaders, cranes, and of course, cement trucks.
When we drive I always point out any of these motor vehicles so Quint or Russell doesn't miss one. If Quint sees it first he will point it out, and often draws Russell's attention to it as well.
The funny part is... occasionally I am driving in the car without the boys. And, in these rare solo car rides I catch myself saying "Quint, Russell, look!" then I realize they are not there.
Although I love these solo trips, in these moments when I pass a cool truck or tractor, and I realize Quint and Russell are missing, it makes me feel lonely. Where are my boys to jump for joy and clap at the sight of a tractor or train? Don't get me wrong, I will still relish a trip to the store without moving a load of babies and bags, or especially the lovely kid-free trip to the gym:)

But, I worry that when I am older and the boys are much older I will miss these days.

I wonder, will I ever drive and not think of my boys when I pass a cool vehicle?

Part of me hopes I will always be reminded of them, and their joy and innocence at this age. But, hopefully I will eventually stop pointing out cool vehicles to my car passengers, that could just get a little weird a few years down the road:)

I mean can you picture it: the boys are teens and I am running them to school or an event and I am pointing out the bucket loader? That would be more than a little strange:) Please save the comments: I know I will never be normal, but that would be 51/50 worthy...don't you think?

For now I am embracing the stage, and I hope to never miss an opportunity to point out a cool truck, tractor, or bus with my boys in the car! It is so much fun:)

No comments: