Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Saturday, August 1, 2009

paint my toe nails?

Today I had another moment I just had to share. I was getting the boys ready for bed and it occurred to me, maybe I should paint my toe nails.
WHAT?!?
This thought made me stop in my tracks. For normal woman, this is probably a weekly thought, but I have never been girly, and these extra beauty bonuses have gone by the wayside with these early birthing years. I do shave my legs (don't get grossed out). But, I mean painted toe nails was always an extra in my book.
I thought back to when I remember painting my toe nails last. I know it sounds rediculous, but I remember painting them while I was waiting to go into labor with.....QUINT. Yes, that is right, that means once I have not thought to paint my toe nails since Quint arrived.
Now, I may have done it once or twice, but if I have I don't remember, hummm maybe Jaime and Cheryl's wedding, but that was more out of obligation (open-toed dress shoes).
This makes me feel like a normal woman again! Wow, maybe I am transforming back from birthing/nursing/baby machine into Christy. A woman with babies. Wow, what a moment.

1 comment:

LG said...

I just started painting mine too. I don't know why but it just makes you happy. Come on, my purple toe nails so added to this impulse!