Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Friday, September 4, 2009

A curtain or a cape?

We have wonderful huge windows in our new apartment. It is part of the reason we chose it. Lots of light is something we love in our home, EXCEPT during nap time or bed time. It is very bright in our bedroom so we went this morning on a hunt for very cheap black out curtains. I have never bought curtains, or curtain rods before. (usually apartments are required to have them). Our current place does have blinds but they are not great for blocking light.

Just an aside: I had cheap blinds, they are annoying to move up and down, and terrible to clean.
Anyways.
We found some on sale at Walmart. Score!
We got home and I was eager to put them up and see if our nap time would go smoother. Quint was "helping" me. I was anxiously working to put up the curtain rod when I said "Quint hand me the curtain".
But, as I glanced over, I paused. It was my moment. Quint no longer had a curtain, but rather a cape. He was running around with his cape and couldn't care less about my need to hang curtains. Sometimes I get busy and forget to enjoy their moments. In that moment, I decided curtains could wait. Besides, capes are cooler than curtains.

No comments: