Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Thursday, September 10, 2009

Why I love sunglasses

Today we were driving in the car and it was sunny. I was wearing my big sunglasses and I thought, why do I love sunglasses so much?
I determined, for me they represent sunshine. Most of the time when I reach for my sunglasses it is very sunny. In the last few years I have lived where the sun does not shine for half the year. It taught me that I love sunshine. Thus, my love for sunglasses.

But, I have to admit sunshine is not the only reason I love huge sunglasses, ironically it is the opposite. They are perfect for days you don't feel sunny at all.

The best way to describe it is to us a Gray's Anatomy reference. Don't judge me, I like it. One of the characters often describes herself as dark and twisty. This is the perfect description of how I feel at times. In these moods, sunglasses are the best. They turn the world just a bit darker shade, which matches my mood. They also hide your eyes, which I believe are the entrance to your soul. For those days I don't want anyone to see in, I can just bust out my huge sunglasses. They protect my dark and twisty thoughts, until I can flip my mood around.

No comments: