Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Sunday, September 6, 2009

Dad's keep it simple

I love when BK has to boys to himself. Not just because I get a little break, but he is great with them.
Tonight I had a water polo, but we also had a BBQ with one of BK's classmates. I met BK at the BBQ a little later so I could play water polo. When I pulled up on my bike, I noticed the happy expressions on the boys faces. They were running around a big grass area, loving the outdoors and sunshine. (ahhh, I dread winter)

My moment was: Russell did not match, and had watermelon all over his face, and Quint was running around in a t-shirt and diaper. I guess he didn't want to wear his shorts. I might have stressed out about this, especially because we were BBQing with people I had never met, but BK is so low-key. He said, "you don't want to wear your pants" "OK."

As I thought about stressing out about it, I took inventory. Was Quint upset? No, he was super happy, laughing, running around. Russell was eating more watermelon and could not be happier. So, I just laughed and went to join them.

I think I could take some notes as a mom, from daddy BK. Don't sweat the small stuff:)

No comments: