Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Saturday, September 5, 2009

Little actions, big moments

Most people would agree raising babies is very hard work. And, as I have mentioned before, I feel it requires a lot of selfless action. Despite these truths, it is an amazing experience. From pregnancy, to birth, to every milestone, the experience feels like watching a miracle in action every day.
I feel sometimes you go through times where the milestones are bursting, or maybe I am just paying closer attention. Either way I think we are in one of those times periods. It is exciting:)

Just today,
Quint wanted to put on his flip flops "by myself!" And with just a little direction he did it! Russell, deciphered it was time to go, and went and got his shoes for us! Both of these milestones will make leaving the house much easier in the future. That is super.

And tonight we swear Russell said "ball" and "truck" amazing. Language development is incredible. Honestly, English hardly makes sense to me, but Quint is practically fluent and I think Russell is not far off.

Finally, tonight we were having bath time and Quint said "my pee pee is coming".
We quickly moved him to the toilet to save the bath water, and he sat for a while and then we heard "my pee pee coming out". Yep, our second time pee pee in the potty. BK and I practically threw a party.

Little actions equal big moments in our house these days.

So, if you are feeling discouraged, you could come to our house, we will cheer for you to say ball, or put on your shoes. If you pee in the potty you get two gummy treats:) In life its the little things:)
By the way, its a standing offer.


No comments: