Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Thursday, February 3, 2011

Asleep

The same day I wrote breaking.....
Russell was watching a video on the couch....
Quint was raging in his room.....
Rhett and I were laying on the floor.....

All the sudden my whole house was quiet.

It had been hours of craziness...
Quint was finally quiet...
Russell had passed out on the couch...
Rhett was still awake making baby eyes at me...
But, I knew he wasn't going anywhere...

I just laid there on the floor...
The carpet prickling on my face...
I was too lazy to get up and get a blanket...
I grabbed a coat on the floor nearby...
and covered Rhett and myself...
With one hand on him to sooth him...
I closed my eyes...

Asleep.

I don't know how long I was asleep...
I woke up to a still, quiet house...
Rhett peacefully sleeping next to me...
I felt replenished, strengthened.

I was reminded of this verse:

Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.



No comments: