Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Monday, February 21, 2011

Bald Eagle

This morning Quint woke up talking about the little train.
I knew he meant the little "kid" train in our local park which runs in the summer.
We looked at it on the internet but I explained it is not open yet.
I guess because we don't currently have any snow,
he thought it should be open.

On our way home this morning he asked to drive by it.
It is a small detour so I agreed.
We drove into the park,
it was slightly flooded from snow melt,
deserted
and all the rides were closed up.

I showed Quint and Russell.
Hard to believe in a few months it will be full of people in shorts.

As we drove out I saw a bird on the frozen pond
It was a bald eagle.
I wish I had my camera

The boys and I sat and looked at it.
They are majestic
A special treat to Iowa I suppose.
I am far from a nature person, but it was kinda cool.

It reminded me of my Grandma and her bird book
She does like nature...and birds:)

1 comment:

Derricca said...

lets hang out more...