Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Saturday, February 5, 2011

What is the plan

I remember when I was younger my Aunt Doreen pointed out our family says "whats the plan" a lot.
I was probably 7 or 8 when she pointed it out...
and I remember thinking
"what is weird about wanting a plan?"
Maybe it was a bit weird,
but
growing up we usually had a plan.
I learned to love having a plan.
In college I learned the benefit to goal-orientated planning.
I have been hooked ever since...
Since embarking on our med journey it has required a lot of forward thinking, thoughtful planning.
BK has done an awesome job, getting the work done required for a successful plan.
I am so grateful.
BK is finishing 3rd year of med school and it is time to plan again....
Time to plan 4th year....
This requires picking a specialty, planning away rotations, planning vacation, interview and test time off.
I knew this was hanging out there, but I was trying not to push BK, because it may be our team but it is his career...

Last night we sat down and mapped it out.
Ahhhhh.
I was so pumped to have a plan.
Even thought it is a rough outline, it is a plan.
I will take it.

I know it lacks spontaneity,
but I love that BK loves to plan too:)

No comments: