Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

breaking point

The tantrums have been rough these days.
I feel like I am in a battle.
I know be firm, stand your ground, but it is emotionally breaking me.
I anticipated the teenage years to be emotional draining,
but I figured I would be wiser by then...
I never thought the psychological warfare would begin at age 4.

Am I doing it wrong?
Could this possibly be normal?

I know I am the boss, but the constant crying and carrying on is brutal.
I thought if you were firm they would learn it doesn't work.
I am not giving in...
but we are still here....
Quint is still raging...
I am on the verge of breaking...

My moment:
Quint raging...Russ sleeping...Rhett swinging but getting hungry....
I look around....
so much mess
so many needs
so much snow
so many battles
and all I want to do is crawl in my bed....and sleep.



But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 2nd Corinthians 12:9

1 comment:

Erin said...

I had no idea the battles would start so early either; Ella is very strong willed. I think you are doing a wonderful job though and are a great mommy.