Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Sunday, May 1, 2011

3am

I don't know about you but I love to sleep.
I have never been one of those people who could be perky on little sleep....
I wish I could but even when I was a teenager
I would find there were nights I was just too tired to go get into trouble:)
That is how I know I must "need" sleep:)
I wouldn't have missed trouble for many things...

Recently, two mommy friends told me today they were up till 3 am
the previous night.....
I thought maybe out on a super hot date with their hubbies?....
but deep down I knew what they were up to....
mommy work.
I get it there are very few moments with toddlers when the house is quiet.
Still....
No one with needs to be met....
This part of 3 Am appeals to me....
but, my bed beckons me much earlier than that....

In my mind I wonder though....
what could I accomplish if I could do with out sleep....

My list of to-do's goes on for days...
thank you cards, emails I should send, gifts that need to be mailed,
laundry, deep cleaning, organizing,
errands, couponing, and on and on....

My want-to-do list is long too...
books I long to read, events to blog, photo booking...

But, many nights I say maybe tomorrow....
I delay my list....
for sleep.

When my friends told me this...
I felt guilty,
maybe I should sacrifice sleep to chase my to-do's....

Not sure what the right answer is....
maybe I could pray to need less sleep.....
hummm.....



No comments: