Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Monday, May 23, 2011

Lellow

Today was yellow day for Q at preschool.
They sang the yellow song.
Q was belting it out and I was so proud.
The cutest part was how he says yellow
"rubber duckies are lellow!"

Some of the preschool mommies were giggling about Q's "lellow"
I think he even got a bit self conscious, and sang quieter for a bit
But quickly resumed belting it out "his" way,
I was so happy he did.
I want my children to embrace their unique traits.

It took me a long time to embrace my uniqueness.
Now I realize it is a gift to be different.
Q won't always say "lellow" but he may have other traits, likes, or values that are different than the crowd
I hope he stands tall then just as he did today.

I hope I can role model
Embracing uniqueness
And
Fervent disregard for approval from "the crowd"

No comments: