Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Monday, May 2, 2011

Wisdom from the cement man....

It was hard to motivate to take the boys out for a bike ride (well mini digger and trike) around the block. But, once we were out it was awesome. Rhett strapped on my back, and we were gone. The awesome moment came when we turned the corner and saw a cement mixer pouring a driveway. The boys were pumped. Q actually got off his digger to run. Then he fell while running, and I could tell he wanted to cry, but forced himself to shake it off....didn't want to miss the cement mixer:) We walked over and asked if we could watch. The boys were facinated. We were so close!

The cement guys were nice and I think they got a kick out of the boys.
One told me "they grow up fast, mine are 13 and 14".

I thought to myself....
Everyone tells me that, and I am sure it is true, so why do I struggle to live in the moment, and just soak up my time with them?


He went on to tell me his oldest is a freshman in high school, and last weekend his boys told him they wanted to sleep in....
Being terribly sleep deprived I thought of how nice that would be....
but I know deep down...
when it gets here I will miss them waking me up too early.

So, this is a reminder to take it in....
because I know, just like the cement man said, and many others like him....
they do grow up fast.



No comments: