Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Climb

Tonight I drove up to pick up Dave, and a song came on the radio which I really love.
There I was, driving, singing with hand motions.
(Just an aside: my voice is terrible, and my rhythm questionable)
It may be silly, but I think singing out loud to music is one of the simple pleasures in life.

BUT, I HAVE TO ADMIT....
The song was by Miley Cyress....SSSHHHH DON'T TELL ANYONE!

Its a little embarrassing.

I am proud that I have never seen Hannah Montana.
I would not call myself a Mylie Cypress fan.

That being said...
I love her song "The climb".
It is a great message, and I am thrilled it could become an anthem for pre-teen girls.
Finally, a positive message for them.
Why it resonates with me:
I view life as a journey, and I feel challenge is what makes the journey worthwhile. It is this reason that I love this song. Here are just a few lyrics:

"The struggles I'm facing,
the chances I'm taking,
sometimes might knock me down,
but no I'm not breaking.

There is always going to be another mountain,
I am always going to want to make it move,
always going to be an uphill battle,
sometimes I'm going to have to lose"

If you happen to be driving by me and see me singing and bouncing around,
DON'T JUDGE!

I am in my happy place:)
and now you know I might be singing to Miley...but don't tell!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I do love that song. It's just so catchy but I am open about my love for some Disney Channel stuff so not sure if that makes you feel better ;).