Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Friday, July 3, 2009

Porta cribs

We are in NY. We have been here for close to two weeks but have not found a functional sleeping situation for the boys. This morning I was thoroughly frustrated, partly do to my mental, physical, and emotional exhaustion of the bedtime battle which has taken around 2 hours lately. I was determined to find a working solution, and I decided to put Quint in the big crib and set up the porta crib for Russell. Sounds simple. Well, I could have words with the inventor of the porta crib (at least the modern day version). The trick is you must lock all the side arms before pushing the floor of the crib open. If you do not lock the arms they will not work, until you unlock the floor. My crib is old and the arms don't like to lock, so I was shaking it, banging it around, pulling, jerking, and trying to coheres the arm into the locked position. As I wrestled with this stupid, yet very practical invention, I thought...."really, maybe I am not cut out for the calling of motherhood. Clearly, I am not patient enough, I still prefer to be selfish, and I hate porta cribs!" More times than I can count in my journey of being a mom have I felt overwhelmed, inadequate, ill-prepared, and unworthy of the challenge of raising these fabulous boys. This was one of those moments.

An Update....despite my war with the porta crib, the new sleep arrangement is working! Its a miracle. I have avoided complete motherhood failure for the time being.

No comments: