Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fear

I am not sure why, but I am terrible afraid I am going to die of skin cancer or drowning. Somehow my love of the water and sun will eventually kill me. Its weird, but true.
So, the other day I got a new mole and I picked at it. (Don't do that). It looked even worse, I was totally freaking out, what if it was cancer and now it is spreading all through my body...ahhhh. Of course, I looked on the Internet, but there were mixed reviews about picking at a mole leading to the spread of cancer. My anxiety level was sky high, and it hit me.
My moment.
Fear.
We can not live in fear. It can paralyze people. And I was allowing it to paralyze me.
If anything the anxiety will get me before the cancer:)
When I recently learned about fear, the key statement was:

If skin cancer (or any scary thing) than God.
Its true. Fear is worthless, God is priceless.

So, I called the dermo and made an appointment and forgot about it.

Peace....it feels good.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Fear and anxiety are killers. Recently I was having some pain in my boob and I just happened to feel around and found a lump!!! So now I am freaking out.....well this was actually months ago.....so I have been secretly freaking about it for months and the little bump is till there. Katie said it could just be a swollen lymph node but I really should just make a gyno appointment and then I can stop letting anxiety take over.

E