Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Monday, July 20, 2009

Live more like the tree-cutter?

Today the tree cutter finally came. We heard the neighbor had ordered a tree to be removed and I knew the boys would love to watch. So we had been looking for them. It was only one man, he was in his mid-fifties. He backed up the truck to the tree, and put a ladder on the truck bed up against the tree. He climbed the rickety ladder with confidence. He assessed the situation. He saw us watching and said, "I didn't realized it was this tall...". His ladder only went up 2/3 up the tree, and it was shaky.

He could have called for back up. It was a big job and no one would have blamed him. But, he didn't hesitate, he climbed the ladder with a huge chain saw, and went to work. Although it looked risky, he had confidence in his skills and went to work. The large tree truck fell perfectly between the two houses. He had the whole tree down in a few minutes.
It made me think....when faced with a large task, something a bit risky or challenging, do I hesitate? Do I focus on my self-doubt or step forward in confidence? How often do I miss opportunity for success because I hesitate.

In the future, I hope to be more like the tree cutter.

No comments: