Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Friday, July 10, 2009

A glimpse of Grown up Dave

Today Dave had his first real interview. He dressed all snazzy in his new suit, and he looked all grown up. Until this moment, Dave has fufilled the little brother role perfectly. He is fun, adventuresome, loves to engage in reckless activities. He is even a super uncle, who gets down on the floor and play with the boys.

But today, he looked like a business man. It freaked me out a bit, but I guess it is about that time.

Even though it may be time for him to be a "grown up" I have to admit I am not quite ready. So, as nice as it was to see him moving on in life, I was grateful when he changed out if his fancy suit and offer to take the boys and I for a boat ride. Moments later he was jumping off the boat wearing a suit that was much more familiar, his red lifeguarding swim suit, playing peek-a-boo with the boys around the boat. It might be selfish, but I was grateful that my little brother was back, even if it is only for a little while.

No comments: