Everyday has a Moment.....


A moment is defined as a particular period of importance, influence, or significance. Our lives are made in the moments.
They change us, grow us, make us who we are, and they happen all the time. Welcome to our moments.....


Saturday, July 4, 2009

Running after a parade?

Something I never saw in my future was running like a mad woman after a parade, but today it happened. This morning the neighbor called to say there was parade in town with fire trucks. I instantly felt like a terrible mom, "why didn't I think about that, Quint would love to do that, of course there would be parades on the 4th of July".... Well, desperate to recover from what I viewed as a mommy blunder, I threw Quint in the car and we went to see if we could catch it. Well, I got redirected up and around the parade in traffic, and by the time we parked it had just passed us. I had the joggy stroller, and so we ran. Quint and I ran to catch the parade. We dodged people on the sidewalks, groups cleaning up their chairs, and ran by all the fire trucks in the parade. As I ran I pointed out the trucks and when we got to the beginning of the parade we stopped and tried to look like a casual observer (a normal parent) even though I was panting from the half mile run I had just sprinted! Quint loved it. Totally worth all the effort.

No comments: